History has already been made in the Divisional Round of the NFL playoffs.
Missing star quarterback and MVP candidate Carson Wentz, the Philadelphia Eagles are the first top seed to go into their opening playoff matchup as underdogs.
That is perhaps the greatest illustration of the lack of faith in Wentz's replacement Nick Foles as he leads the Eagles into a matchup with an Atlanta Falcons team that produced an excellent defensive effort to knock off the Los Angeles Rams in their Wild Card matchup.
There figures to be a similar lack of belief in Marcus Mariota and the Tennessee Titans against the defending Super Bowl champion New England Patriots despite their stunning comeback against the Kansas City Chiefs last week.
The Jacksonville Jaguars will be out to replicate their 30-9 victory over the Pittsburgh Steelers from October when they visit Heinz Field again for a place in the AFC Championship Game.
A place in history could also beckon for the Minnesota Vikings, whose bid to become the first team to play in the Super Bowl in their home stadium resumes as they take on the New Orleans Saints.
Here we look at some of the best Opta facts for this weekend's second-round matchups.
Atlanta Falcons @ Philadelphia Eagles
- Philadelphia have totalled under 220 yards of offense in their last two home games, the first time they have done so since September 12-19, 1999. They have not done so in three straight home games since October 10-31, 1971.
- Since the start of Week 15, the Eagles are averaging 17.7 points and 258.9 yards of offense per game, which rank as the 12th and fourth-worst, respectively, in the NFL over that time. Prior to that, they averaged 31.1 points and 390.4 yards of offense per game, good for the best and the third-best in the league.
- Falcons wide receiver Julio Jones is averaging 104.7 receiving yards per game in the postseason, the best average in league history (minimum six games).
- The Falcons have won three of their last four road games after their victory in Los Angeles last weekend. They have now forced at least one turnover in six straight away games after failing to force a single one in their previous three.
Tennessee Titans @ New England Patriots
- New England are 9-1 at home in the playoffs since the 2011 season. No other team has more than five home wins in the postseason in that time.
- Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski has caught nine touchdowns in the playoffs. Since 1999, only one other tight end has more than four in the postseason (Vernon Davis – 7).
- Last week, Tennessee quarterback Marcus Mariota became the first quarterback in league postseason history to catch a touchdown pass. He is also just the fifth quarterback since 1999 to record a touchdown pass and reception in the same game.
- Titans running back Derrick Henry finished with 156 rushing yards and a touchdown against Kansas City last week, becoming the second player in team history to record 150+ rushing yards in a playoff game.
Jacksonville Jaguars @ Pittsburgh Steelers
- The Steelers are 12-2 all time at home in the Divisional Round of the playoffs, the best record in the league (min. five games). Additionally, they are 5-1 at home in the postseason since the 2008 season, the second-best record in the NFL in that time (min. five games).
- Pittsburgh quarterback Ben Roethlisberger has thrown multiple interceptions in six of his nine playoff games at home in his career.
- Jacksonville had 11 interceptions on the road during the regular season, tied for the second most in the league.
- The Jaguars won four road games this season. They won five between 2013 and 2016. Jacksonville has lost five of their last six road playoff games, though the one win came in Pittsburgh.
New Orleans Saints @ Minnesota Vikings
- The Vikings are 4-3 in their last seven home playoff games, but have lost two of their last three. They have not lost two straight home playoff games since doing so in 1988 against the Washington Redskins and 1993 against the Chicago Bears.
- The Vikings allowed just 15.8 points per game during the regular season, the fewest in the league. They also allowed just 13 passing touchdowns, also the fewest in the NFL.
- New Orleans are 1-6 all time on the road in the playoffs. In their seven road playoff games, they have 18 turnovers and just three takeaways.
- The Saints allowed the Panthers to gain 413 total yards in the Wild Card game. It was the first time this season that the Saints won a game in which the opponent gained 400+ yards in regulation. They are now 2-4 in games in which they allowed at least 400 yards this year, including their Week 1 loss to Minnesota.
#Saints QB Drew Brees needs 38 yards and two TDs to move into 9th place on both the postseason career passing yards and passing touchdowns leaderboards. h/t @OptaJerry #NOvsMIN pic.twitter.com/qdT8D1gLsJ— Omnisport US News (@OmnisportUS) January 11, 2018
|Mavericks capitalise on Clippers´ turnovers, pick up win in Smith´s return|
|Pliskova saves four match points to stun Serena with comeback win|
|Anthony ´can only make´ a team better, says Iverson|
|Henry more worried about Monaco´s future than his own|
|Osaka powers past Svitolina in Melbourne|
|Harden on Anthony trade: It kind of sucks that it didn´t work out|
|Redskins remain ´optimistic´ QB Alex Smith will play again|
|Patriots coach Belichick says Rams´ Donald is ´pretty much unblockable´|
|PSG fined €100,000 by LFP over player-recruitment practices|
|I´m not his father - Guardiola demands Mendy matures|
|Sykes record in vain as Banvit claim victory|
|Usain Bolt calls time on football career|
|Otamendi not happy at Man City, says Guardiola|
|Workaholic Woods learning to rest as he prepares for 2019 debut|
|Henry´s Monaco dumped out of Coupe de France|
|Qatar can win Asian Cup, says Sanchez|
|Tim Howard to retire following 2019 MLS season|
|Koscielny backs Bellerin to return from injury ´stronger than before´|
|Chiefs fire DC Bob Sutton after AFC Championship loss to Patriots|
|Reyes returns to Spain with second-tier strugglers Extremadura|
|Emiliano Sala: Profile of Cardiff City striker missing after joining from Nantes|
|Messi rested for Sevilla trip, Boateng set for debut|
|Nuno fined over pitch celebration in Leicester win|
|Nadal unfazed by another Next Gen opponent in Tsitsipas|
|Ulster hand lifetime ban to spectator after Zebo abuse|
|Phehlukwayo´s career-best day inspires Proteas against Pakistan|
|Bournemouth pounce for Brentford´s Mepham|
|You say all signings are controversial – Valverde defends Boateng arrival|
|Search for missing Sala plane suspended|
|Kohli and Williamson display mutual respect as India and Black Caps prepare for battle|
|Qatar 1 Iraq 0: Al Rawi free-kick books quarter-final spot|
|Ba joins Adebayor and Robinho at Istanbul Basaksehir|
|BREAKING NEWS: Tottenham´s Alli out until March with hamstring injury|
|Fit-again Joseph added to England squad|
|It is very, very serious for us - Tuchel wants midfielder in January window|
|Lakers expect Rajon Rondo back Thursday as LeBron James continues rehab|
|Atletico Madrid boosted as Koke thigh injury revealed to be minor|
|South Korea 2 Bahrain 1 (after extra time): Kim Jin-su seals quarter-final spot|
|AC Milan confirm Zapata thigh injury|
|I miss him a lot - Guardiola confirms ´clever´ Mendy back in Man City squad|
|Tiafoe wants LeBron meeting after run to Australian Open quarters|
|Cardiff continue to ´pray´ for Sala|
|West Ham fined over Burnley clash chaos|
|Knicks star Enes Kanter frustrated by reduced role|
|Kvitova getting back to her best, says Barty|
|Kvitova revels in first semi of ´second career´|
|Messi´s the best player in every world – Boateng dismisses past Real Madrid comments|
|Thunder frustrations continue against Renegades|
|Alonso vows to clear name in tax fraud case|
|Classy Nadal downs Tiafoe to set up Tsitsipas semi|
|Hoedt leaves Southampton for Celta Vigo on loan|
|Melbourne City 4 Western Sydney Wanderers 3: Hosts edge thriller with two goals in last six minutes|
|Wilder won´t even pick up the phone - Hearn not hopeful of AJ bout|
|Sala was on board missing plane, say French authorities|
|Arsenal´s Bellerin out for season with ACL rupture|
|Gatland waiting on ´concrete´ offers|
|Ronaldo accepts prison sentence and €18.8m fine for tax fraud|
|Tsitsipas: It was vital to back up Federer win|
|Awesome Kvitova ends Barty´s home run in Melbourne|
|CA rejects Thunder appeal for full points in abandoned Heat clash|
|Emiliano Sala: Concerns grow for Cardiff striker after plane goes missing|
|Harden unimpressed with refs in Rockets´ 76ers disappointment|
|Ronaldo arrives for sentencing in tax fraud case|
|Record-breaking evening ´one of those nights´ for Warriors star Thompson|
|Hazard still interested in Real Madrid but won´t rule out Chelsea stay|
|Collins moves past Pavlyuchenkova, into Australian Open semis|
|Kohli makes history with ICC awards sweep|
|Thompson sets NBA record with 10 straight made three-pointers to open game|
|76ers hand Rockets largest loss of season, Harden scores 37 points|
|Tsitsipas overcomes Bautista Agut to continue Aus Open run|